Two Wheel Forums banner

yzf600r headlight too dim?

20K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Pittman06 
#1 ·
i just picked up my first bike, the 99 yzf600r tonight. the guy i bought it from said his only complaint was that the headlight isnt the greatest as far as brightness. is there any kind of kit out there or a high output bulb that may take care of this problem? and how do you adjust the headlight (if it's even possible) i rode the bike at night and noticed it wasnt the best, but its not a new bike so im not expecting it to light up the next county. any ideas?

#5 ·
I agree ....usually 2 screws per light, one for horizontal adjustment and one for vertical. I hear alot of good things about bulb replacement with the Sylvania Silverstars .....and then there's always HID's.....which is the route I took but it's also the most expensive.

HID's.......

#6 ·
Save your money and just grab a better set of bulbs. PIAA makes bulbs that are rated at the same power as HIDs, but you don't need ballasts, wiring, and housing modifications.

That being said, if you think your headlight is dimmer than it should be, you may want to ensure that there isn't something wrong electrically with the bike... check your battery voltage...

#7 ·
I've had the stock yellows, Silver stars, and Piaa's... the Silverstars were brighter than stock but didn't last for chit! the Piaa's i have I LOVE they're bright as hell... I'm going to HID though...

but I'm gonna loose my Hi beam by going to HID but with my headlights... I didn't really need the Hi beam much anyways.:2cents:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.