Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a [very] used 2000 YFZ600R from a guy in Orlando. The bike's in kind of crappy condition, but it started, idled, and revved strong at the guy's house that I bought it from. I didn't trust it enough to ride it back to Jacksonville from Orlando (2 hour drive on crazy Florida highways), so we carried it home in the back of my girlfriend's Jeep (layed over - which might have contributed to the problem).

Somewhere between there and here and trying to get it running here something happened... and now it won't start. :cursin: The electric is working and the starter works but the engine won't kick.

My friends and I are relatively motorcycle knowledgeable, enough to check all the basics like gas (and valve switch), kill switch, choke, battery, kickstand, and we have checked as many connections as we could.

Can anyone help me out here? This is just the tip of the iceburg here with this bike, but starting it will be... well... a big start.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Eh

Nevermind. Figured it out. Now I have a new problem... :cursin:

I've posted a new thread about it (the oil pressure thing, flying oil while riding, and 2nd gear problem).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts